A sales kit is an important tool for marketing your business. It is a visual presentation of sales and marketing items telling potential customers about your company. What you do, what you sell, and the services you can offer. You will also want to explain how your business can benefit customers by offering them unique solutions to their needs. Convince them that your company is better than your competition. Write it in a consistent and easy to read format that looks professional.
A sales kit is dynamic in the sense that it should be an ongoing project that changes as your company changes. If your products and services change or your potential customer’s requirements change, then you should adapt your sales kit to match what you can do for them. Change out printed materials for various needs or for a specific audience.
How to Use Your Sales Kit
- Mail or deliver to potential customers.
- Use to cross-sell to existing customers.
- Have your customers give them out as a referral.
- Leave behind after a sales call.
- Pass them out at events or trade shows.
You can customize your sales kits to meet a variety of sales opportunities, depending on what you want to accomplish with your target market. Here are some key items to include in your sales kit:
What Goes in a Sales Kit
- Start with a presentation package to hold everything together, such as a professional looking box, pocket folder or binder. Include your company name and logo on the front.
- Business Cards
- Cover Letter with Contact Information
- Sales Letter
- Company Brochure
- Products and Services List
- Pricing Information (if applicable)
Other Items to Add to Your Sales Kit
- Case Studies
- Client List
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Multimedia (CDs, DVDs or Flash Drives)
- Samples or Promotional Products
- White Papers
One of the most important items to include in your sales kit is a “call to action”, which will urge the reader to get in touch with you immediately or as soon as possible. Say something to entice them to want to hear more about your company.
Design, Production and Fulfillment of Sales Kits
A creative and well-designed sales kit will draw attention to your company and help boost your sales results. Millennium Marketing Group can help you build and put together a customized sales kit for your company. Since each sales kit is different and the process would vary, we can meet with you to determine what is best suited for your company. We can produce the personalized printing materials, and then handle the fulfillment duties such as assembling the kits and preparing them for mailing or delivery.
Want to learn more about how we can help you create effective sales kits? We have produced sales and marketing kits for our clients for over 35 years. So just call Millennium Marketing Group at 407-998-1100.