A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Create the Ideal Direct Mail Marketing Piece.
1. Target Your Audience
Build a Mailing List
- Decide who you want to receive the direct mail campaign..
- Research to find the audience that matches your marketing campaign.
- Select By location, lifestyle, demographics such as age, gender, marital status, etc…
2. Design Your Direct Mail Piece
Choose a Direct Mail Format or Combine More than One
- Something else
- Envelope (if needed)
What Do You Want to Say in Your Sales Message
- You will need a dazzling headline to grab their attention
- Write effective and informative copy that will educate and draw interest.
- Describe what your company is all about and what you are selling.
Explain How the Customer Will Benefit – An Offer They Can’t Refuse
- Are you a new business or offering new products or services?
- Having a sale, opening a new location or creating a customer loyalty program.
- Include additional items helpful to your offer (coupons, magnets, samples, etc…)
Personalize the Message for Better Results
- Research shows that almost everyone likes to get mail in their name.
- Use Variable Data Printing to send personal messages to each recipient.
- Include other customer information from your database when possible.
Be Creative with Graphics, Photos and Colors
- Make it brilliant and eye-catching, but not too cluttered.
- Remember to keep it professional looking.
Tell Them How and When to Respond
- By email, mail, telephone, your website, or come in for a visit.
- Give them a respond by date (e.g. act now or call today or give a specific date).
3. Have Mail Piece Printed, Prepared and Mailed
- Hire us for printing, folding, inserting, stamping and pre-sorting your direct mail.
- Add Unique Bar and Key Coding on each mail piece for List Identification and Response Tracking.
4. Analyze Your Results
- Track your sales to determine your response rates.
- Use QR Codes, PURLs or link to a landing page to help in tracking sales.
- Keep and use your findings for future mailings.
Direct mail advertising is a highly targeted and cost-effective solution to finding new leads. More people will become aware of the products and services your company is selling. It is also a great opportunity to build customer loyalty so that you will keep your current customers around for years to come.
We are a professional direct mail marketing, printing and fulfillment company with over 30 years of experience with direct mail campaigns. Let our team help you to create the perfect marketing piece that will connect with your customers.
Contact Millennium Marketing Group at 407-998-1100.